Juan de Fuca Performing Arts Centre Society
A mixed use arts centre on the West Shore.
The Arts Centre
The Schick Shiner Report identified that the proposed arts centre would be a $35 million theatre and mixed-use arts, education and wellness complex that would serve the cultural needs of a growing community and diversify sustainable economic development within the region.
The centre's core facilities would include:
- 650 seat theatre, with seating on two levels, fully equipped with state-of-the-art technical equipment;
- 240 seat black box theatre/multi-purpose space, equipped with lighting grid and other facilities required to support small performances;
- Dance/theatre studios with high ceilings, natural light, sprung floors and the appropriate acoustics and acoustical separation between spaces;
- The potential for boutique retail and office spaces;
- Restaurant and event catering operation;
- Coffee house;
- Gallery/gift shop;
- Community house/resource information centre; and Exhibition space for community heritage and archives displays.